DIET 13 International Conference
DIET 13 will be the 13th conference in the series on desorption and dynamics induced by electronic excitations of surfaces and interfaces. The 13th conference will be take place in conjunction with '12 AM, the 2012 Atomic Manipulation meeting. Research themes for the conference will include:
- ultrafast electron transfer at surfaces and interfaces
- atomic manipulation in the STM via electronic injection/excitation
- quantum and spatially resolved mapping of surface dynamics and desorption
- photon-, electron- and ion-beam induced processes at complex interfaces
- the role of non-thermal desorption in astrochemistry and astrophysics
- laser-/ion-beam based methods of spatially examining the chemical composition of biological media such as cells and tissues
- hybrid approaches to local excitation dynamics/reactions, e.g. laser or synchrotron plus STM
- spectroscopy and theory of non-adiabatic surface processes
- non-adiabatic surface chemical reactions
The conference will be held in the picturesque English town of Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare. Located on the banks of the river Avon, and set within the beautiful rural Warwickshire countryside, the town is rich in historical sites.
Please see our website for details of how to register online.