Maison de la Simulation (CEA/CNRS/Inria/UPS/UVSQ), Paris, France and ICNS Meetings will organize ASTRONUM 2014 – the 9th Annual International Conference on Numerical Modeling of Space Plasma Flows in Long Beach, CA, U.S.A., 23 - 27 June, 2014. (Evening reception and registration begins Sunday, June 22)
The conference will cover the following topics:
(1) Advanced numerical methods for space, astrophysical and geophysical flows;
(2) Large-scale fluid-based, kinetic, and hybrid simulations;
(3) Turbulence and cosmic ray transport;
(5) Software packages for modeling and analyzing plasma flows / Visualisation with the application to
(1) Physics of the Sun-Heliosphere-Magnetosphere;
(2) Interstellar medium and star formation;
(3) Cosmology and galaxy formation;
(4) Dynamo effect;
(5) Stellar Physics.
The purpose of the conference is to bring together leading experts in applied mathematics, space physics, astrophysics, and geophysics to discuss the application of novel numerical algorithms and petascale paral- lelization strategies to computationally challenging problems.
The conference will be structured around invited, 40-minute keynote and 25-minute regular talks, and a limited number of contributed talks, with the attempt to have no parallel sessions.